Sunday, July 26, 2009

Flowers de la Semaine and the Age of Aquari-dog

DSC01051

Hi, Everyone.  It’s me, Vanna White Dog.  For those of you who don’t know me, I’m the cutest (and maybe the only) gender-bending doggie in North America.  You can read more about my modeling career here

For this week’s Flowers de la Semaine, Clover and I channel flower children with daisies from the Motherdog.  Most of you know the Motherdog as Sallymandy.   

This photo shoot comes from the cabin at Placid Lake that the Greatgrandfatherdog built about fifty years ago.  We spent four exhausting days there. 

Now.  Let’s talk about me. 

Is my daisy chain too long?  Does it make me look fat? 

DSC01061

Clover got some daisies, too. 

I think she looks a little funny.  Kind of like those people we used to see in Haight-Ashbury back in ‘69. 

DSC01066

Here’s another picture of me on the cabin porch.  I’m posing with flowers the Motherdog put in the Greatgrandmotherdog’s yellow thingy.  Some kind of “Fiesta ware gravy boat.”   

DSC00988

I don’t get the fuss about this object.  We did not have a fiesta, and there was no gravy.  Instead, the Motherdog filled the boat with flowers she picked on a looong walk with Clover and me.  

She says these flowers are:      

Ox-eye daisies…

daisy_field.jpg daisy field image by alessandraarray

Montana harebells…

and…wild onions?! 

032-1.jpg Allium cernuum Nodding Wild Onion image by Crazy_Gardener

Gee whiz.  Ox!  Hare!  Onions!  Clover and I got pretty hungry on this photo shoot. 

The Motherdog gave us a treat when our work was done…

DSC01072

…and that was pretty groovy. 

DSC01050

Peace, Love and Understanding….Vanna/Riley, and Clover   

17 comments:

Pyzahn said...

Riley/Vanna makes a wonderful flower child. But I can't help but wonder, does Clover not like to model?

Stephanie N. said...

Awesome post, Vanna White Dog! Your modeling portfolio just keeps getting better and better. And daisies are such good colors on you.

Lori ann said...

these are probably the cutest dogs in the whole entire universe!!
oh, so funny with the daisy chain crown and necklace, i love them ☺

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Awwww how cute! One day I'm going to have to work out how to get pictures of my dogs into a post on my blog!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Vanna White - you are just too cute.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Hi Sallymandy - yes it's me - Jane!
(workthatwardrobe)

Zuzana said...

Vanna, you are a gorgeous dog and I love the daisies in your "hair".;))
Give sallymandy my best regards and thank you's for her wonderful comments at my place.;)
xo

Diane said...

Too cute. I would love a daisy tiara!

Northmoon said...

Lovely!

La Belette Rouge said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot get over the cuteness. You have inspired a trend. I MUST make a daisy chain for my Lily. Sooooooooooo cute. You and Clover and Riley made mu day!!!
xoxo

drollgirl said...

so cute!!! so frigging adorable!

and i might add: SO CLEAN, TOO!!! what a beauty!!!!

studioJudith said...

Just one word:
Adorable!

Anonymous said...

HUGE SMILES. O.M.G. how cute! Does this daisy chain make me look fat? LOLOL!!!!!!

I was born in the Haight in 1964. We moved out before the Summer of Love, but I like to go back to shop!

Unknown said...

The perfect model ;D

Lianne said...

Vanna is a true inspiration to models everywhere. The camera absolutely loves her, and doesn't even add the usual 10 pounds. I just love looking at the big brownish nose. I'm a little biased as I feel my dog is the cutest dog in the universe (I'll have to put my blog where my mouth is, won't I?) but these two a certainly closing the gap.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! I always love these posts!
;^)

Cheryl said...

Vanne White Dog is so cute! He/she? would make a great children's book character. She's charming.