Monday, August 3, 2009

Reader Appreciation and See You in a Week

thanks-thanks.jpg Anne Taintor Thank You Retro Vintage image by erinalexa00

Dear Readers,

I will be on vacation from posting for a week.  In the meantime I’m going to come around and catch up on my reading.

Thanks for all of your visits to my blog this summer!   

Wherever this week finds you, I hope you’ll spend some time enjoying August and doing some of your favorite things….

retrobacon46.jpg retro vintage bbq man woman domestic art bacon image by Nocturntable

retropac48read.jpg retro vintage comic book girl newspaper reading woman bed image by Nocturntable

extend.jpg retro beach image by ilovetakingphotos

…or maybe, you’ll try something new.       

vintagewoman.jpg Vintage woman image by powderblue1984

retrobeer51men.jpg retro vintage dinner men women ad cooking beer image by Nocturntable

Swords_Knives_Vintage_Photograph.jpg sword swallower image by corbyrules

woman_on_goat_vintage.jpg Ratsastus image by uivelo

 

Enjoy, Sallymandy

19 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love those pictures. Thanks for sharing your life with us and enjoy your vacation. I'm off on Saturday for two weeks too.

Jean said...

Ah yes, must do some naked cycling...

Loved the pictures!

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

You've just reminded me that I have a few swords to swallow!

Enjoy your break -it's cold and wet here - looking forward again to summer coming!

Zuzana said...

Ah, have a really lovely time off blogging.;) You will be missed.;))
Likewise enjoy your August with simple pleasures.;))
xo
Z

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Looks like you are in a great mood for a rip-roaring holiday. I will be picturing you on the bike enjoying shocking everyone you meet to their senses. :) Have a fabulous week.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Enjoy your week, sallmandy!
;^)
(Fun pics!)

Lucy said...

Great pictures! Have a wonderful, restful and enjoyable time:)

ethelmaepotter! said...

Try something new? No sword swallowing, goat riding, or bicycle riding au natural, thank you very much, but I would like to see my Fred in an apron!
Have a wonderful week, full of new adventures!

Lianne said...

Enjoy your time away from the computer. We'll catch up in the fall.

ceecee said...

I think I'll try the sword swallowing. Or is that a set of steak knives?
Enjoy your week, Sallymandy. Just as I return, you are leaving. We will catch up at some point. Hope you've been having a fun summer.
Catherine

Unknown said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I had a few hours to blog hop tonight. I enjoyed reading yours...So glad I stopped by. I love making new blog friends. http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Profoundly Superficial said...

Hve a wonderful time, SalMan. PS I'm the one on the bed reading the comics!

Seeker said...

OMG I just love those pictures!!!!

Hope everything is fine with you lovely and that you had a nice week.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Miss you
xoxo

drollgirl said...

hope you are having fun fun FUN!!!! :)

Woman in a Window said...

The goat riding I might be able to pull off but not the swallowing whatever the heck that thing is!

Have fun!

Saz said...

ok ok its been more than a week, I can count, this isnt on you know...if you are unwell in bed then fair enough, but if you are off gallivanting then its not fair. It isn't you know..

COme back soon... sooner....soonest!

Kat Mortensen said...

Today I was thinking about not having been round here for a while and now I find you've been away. Phew! I wouldn't want you to think I've forgotten you!
Hope you're having fun and I'll see you soon.

Kat

Tiffany said...

Yes, I think your holiday time is up - we want you back!