Friday, September 18, 2009

Check Out This Nifty Free Planner From Esther Coombs

esther_planner

I found this cute weekly planner page free at Modish, a great site with resources for people growing creative businesses.  Sorry, I can’t figure out how to show you a full size version, but if you click the Modish link above, you can download the planner (free), then print and just write on it. 

(It’s especially fun that she’s made “Nap/Coffee” after lunch each day a permanent feature.)

Here’s a sample of how I’m using the planner this week.  The colors and graphics somehow encourage me to think I get to do these things rather than I have to do these things. 

mycalendarpage

London artist Esther Coombs, who created this, is an artist after my own heart.  That’s because she refashions old stuff into beautiful new stuff.  In her case, it’s vintage china and tableware upon which she works her magic.  Check out her site here

NYC Plate

DIY plate

Thank you, Esther!  I love your calendar and your work. 

sallymandy

8 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wonderful china!!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Thank you Sallymandy for introducing us to this artist and her work.

Fun peeking over your shoulder and seeing some of your scheduled activities.

Eleonora Baldwin said...

Love it. LOVE. IT:
I downloaded the calendar. Now, do you print it and write on it or what?

(need geek)

Thanks for your email. I did not get the first one, you must've deleted it.

(you need geek too?)

:)Lola xx (cant's do the heart on my MacBook, see parenthesis #1)

Ingrid Mida said...

You find the coolest stuff! I wonder how she transfers her drawings to china. It is so delicate and interesting!

sallymandy said...

Glad you like this, everyone.

Lola: yes, you print it out and then write on it. Do I need a geek? Yes, always. But then again, I sort of am one, of a different kind.

La Belette Rouge said...

Thanks for the link. I love a calendar that reminds me to do what I already do. It makes me feel accomplished. And, le sigh, love those plates!

Woman in a Window said...

How incredibly unique. You find all the best stuff!

Cynthia L. H. said...

sallymandy,
Yes you DO find all of the coolest stuff! I love Esther's work! I had to go check it all out...and you've got me hooked on "Hyena's" clothing, too...I find myself tripping on over to her Etsy shop frequently to see what's new!
;^)
GOOD EYE, Lady!
;^)