Saturday, May 16, 2009

Weekend Feast for the Eyes

nicolettecamille1bytaradonne

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here are some beautiful flowers I found recently.  I’m soaking up the forms, colors, lines, and variety of natural shapes.  I thought you might like them as much as I do.  They are by Nicolette Camille Floral Design.  All photographs are copyright Nicolette Camille. 

In this top photo, I love the maidenhair fern and the small pink blooms drooping over the left edge. 

nicolettecamille1bynicolettecamille4

In this one, I love the stunning color combination!  Those cream and black poppies take my breath away, and the tiny touches of blue in the hyacinths is unexpected yet brilliant. 

nicolettecamille1bynicolettecamille

This designer’s aesthetic makes me feel happy.  She’s using the abundance of forms and lines in the floral material to perfect effect—contrasting smooth/round ranunculus with feathery/round  peonies; small blooms with large; vertical lines with horizontal.  Three large spots of this rosy orange peonies give the eye a circular course to follow.  

 nicolettecamille1bynicolettecamille3

Again, I love how she’s used the natural lines of the flowers to make a basically round wedding bouquet into something wild and natural. 

nicolettecamillebynicolettecamille2

Same thing here.  I don’t know the name of the pinkish-purple material hanging down and on the right, but it alters the traditional form in an exciting way.  Instead of a basic round shape, it’s circular within a loose triangle, giving the eye many places to go and a gorgeous home to return to. 

I get the idea the designer’s hands are simply guiding the flowers in the ways they naturally want to go.  It makes me want to go out and pick anything I can find, and see if my hands can do the same. 

If you’d like to see more of Nicolette Camille’s work, she’s been featured in Domino Magazine and Real Simple

15 comments:

Fragrant Liar said...

Gorgeous flower arrangements. My sister, before she passed last year, was brilliant with floral designs. She would have loved these too.

Woman in a Window said...

Beautiful, as it is with any art that leaves an artist's fingers. Living art is something entirely different though, isn't it?

(Thanks for reading my poem. Yes, my father was swallowed up. Yes, there is confluence within, the second river discovered within me and beyond, really, in writing.)

Zuzana said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Everything is lovely about this; the last bouquet looks like a wedding one.;)
I have always loved the art of flower arrangements and as a child I took some classes and entered competitions, but never won, as I lacked training really. I was too young and if we would have stayed in Czechoslovakia, I think I would have continued in it.;)
Have a lovely Sunday.;) xo

Stephanie N. said...

How lovely. The textures and forms really draw me in. I want to touch them. They're certainly more beautiful than any flowers I have ever had in my home.

And none like them are likely to be in my home in the near future, either: one of my cats, Etienne, looks at almost all plant matter as dessert. It was fortunate that I did some research and got rid of all my potentially toxic houseplants before we adopted the boys because he systematically devoured every one but the geraniums. I tried putting a tempting border of tall wheatgrass in containers around some of them, but that didn't stop him - he'd just step on the wheatgrass to get to the plants. He is hilariously voracious. Oh, well. My kitties bring such joy to my life that it's worth sacrificing my houseplants to him.

I have learned that gerbera daisies are safe for him to eat, as well as few other varieties that I like, but it's such a hassle figuring out if everything in a bouquet is non-poisonous before bringing it home, and then trying to keep him from devouring them while I'm trying to enjoy them, that we've all but instituted a ban on fresh flowers in our apartment! It's okay, though - there are plenty of fresh flowers for us to enjoy in the world outside our apartment. And the eye candy on your blog.

aims said...

I wish I could arrange flowers like that. I just don't have the touch. I'm glad someone does though! Inspiring!

Gal Friday said...

These are glorious!!(says me who usually just plunks the flowers into a vase without much thought as to arranging)
And....do I see lemon yellow rananculus??

Jean said...

Gorgeous arrangements, and I love the way you have described them.

P.s. there's an award for you at my place :-)

Lucy said...

I love the rosy orange blends...soo pretty, dreamy and cheerful all at the same time. Beautiful flower arrangements makes it seem sunny even when it's raining. Happy Sunday:)

Patsy said...

You know what I like about those arrangements? -------- they all have a slightly wild look. Natural, pretty and.... unmeasured.


~Lorna

drollgirl said...

good lord these are GORGEOUS! i just want to jump inside of them!

Cynthia L. H. said...

Oh! So nice!
Thank you for sharing this art form.
:^)
C

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Beautiful!

La Belette Rouge said...

I need that third bouquet. Sooooo pretty!!

sallymandy said...

Thanks, everyone. Appreciating beauty in nature is universal.

Fragrant Liar: I've read about your sister on your blog. Thanks.

WinW: Your poem about your father and rivers was very moving. I can't help but think of floral design as a form of art, though it's fleeting.

Protege: Your floral design skills and passion are there in the garden photos on your blog. I always enjoy them.

Stephanie: I do remember living with cats, and that problem. Etienne sounds like he's worth not having them. ♥

Gal: yes, yellow ranunculus. Gorgeous!

Muchas gracias, amigas.

Jennifer Campaniolo said...

Beautiful flowers--I would love to be good at flower arranging like this. Having fresh flowers in the home is one of the simplest ways to make your home cozy. Of course, the more exotic/interesting the flower, the more expensive it is. But sometimes you have to splurge because loving flowers is very Zen. You enjoy them while they are here.

Jennifer